250 gms paneer
3 onions , finely chopped
2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
5 medium sized tomatoes
1 capsicum , shredded
100 gms fresh cream
a pinch of sugar
3 tbsp ghee or refined
salt to taste
ghee or refined for deep-frying
To Be Ground Into A Paste4 garlic (lehsun) cloves
12 mm (1/2") piece ginger (adrak)
- Cut the paneer into wide strips and deep fry lightly in ghee. Place in lukewarm water.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove and blend into a puree.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of ghee and fry the onions until golden. Add the paste and fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add the coriander-cumin seed powder, turmeric and chilli powders, garam masala and kasuri methi and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree and capsicum, cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the paneer and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the cream and sugar and serve hot.