IngredientsPaneer - 500 gms
Ghee - 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander or curry leaves for garnish
Thick curd - 6 tbsp
Juice of a lime
Salt - as needed
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Masala: Roast in a tsp of ghee
Kashmiri Red chillies - 8
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Methi/ Fenugreek - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind - a small piece
- Add a tsp of ghee, roast the ingredients under 'Masala' except tamarind. Once the spices are golden, add tamarind, give it a stir.
- Remove in a plate for cooling down, grind it with curd to a paste.
- Add turmeric, salt and lemon juice. Mix in cubed paneer carefully. You can keep it for marination 1 hour. I have made immediately, still good.
- Heat a kadai, add ghee followed by crushed garlic.
- Then add roast ground masala paste and saute a minute.
- Add cubed paneer, marinated in curd masala paste.
- Cook until masala coats the paneer and ghee oozes.