1 1/2 cups chopped mint leaves (phudina)
1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
1/3 cup tamarind (imli)
1 inch ginger (adrak)
4 to 5 green chillies
1 tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
1 1/2 tsp black salt (sanchal)
salt to taste
Other Ingredients1 recipe khajur imli ki chutney
1/2 cup mixed sprouts , boiled
1/2 cup boondi , soaked and drained
For the pani
- Soak the tamarind in ½ cup of water for approximately 1 hour. Strain out all the pulp through a sieve.
- Combine this pulp with the remaining ingredients except the black salt in a blender and grind to a fine paste using a little water.
- Transfer the paste into a large bowl and combine with 1 litre of water, the black salt and salt and mix well.
- Chill for at least 2 to 3 hours after making so that all the flavours have blended properly.
How to proceed
- Crack a small hole in the centre of each puri.
- Fill with a little sprouts or boondi, then top a little khajur imli ki chutney, immerse it in the chilled pani and eat immediately.
- You can use ragda instead of the sprouts or boondi.